PDP CITES CASES OF “INFRACTIONS AND DELIBERATE VIOLATIONS OF THE ELECTORAL LAW AND GUIDELINES”, SUBMIT PROTEST LETTER TO INEC, THE WHITE HOUSE AND THE UN
The People’s Democratic Party, PDP, today submits a protest letter to the Chairman of INEC, Prof. Mahmood Yakubu, over cases of infractions and deliberate violations of the electoral law and guidelines, Afrilens News reports.
In a tweet on its official tweeter handle, the Party listed a seven point case for the INEC chairman to review, whilst it also copied the White House, the United Nations and the United Kingdom PM, Ms. Theresa May.
The seven cases listed on the protest letter are:
- “The non-usage or selective enforcement of the Smart Card Reader (SCR) machines across the country.”
- “The deliberate non-deployment of the Electronic Collation System (E-collation) for the results from the units through the ward centers to the Presidential Collation Center in Abuja.”
- “The unconstitutional deployment of the Armed Forces especially soldiers and Police”
- Bringing to INEC Chairman’s knowledge “that most of the collation center in the country were cordoned off by officers and men of the armed forces who chased away accredited agents and/or candidates of the party”.
- “Results of duly conducted elections were illegally cancelled especially in the PDP dominated areas to reduce the margin of victory in those states in favour of APC candidates”.
- That “the commission does not know the number of polling units where elections were cancelled and the total number of registered voters at such polling units”.
- That “under your watch as Chairman of INEC for the first time in our nation’s history, the election materials of all categories; sensitive and non-sensitive, were contracted to be printed by a person who is not just a card-carrying member of a political party; the APC but also a senatorial candidate of the party in Niger State”.
#NigeriaDecides2019 CASES OF INFRACTIONS AND DELIBERATE VIOLATIONS OF THE ELECTORAL LAW AND GUIDELINES. Protest letter submitted to the Chairman of the @inecnigeria by the @OfficialPDPNig National Chairman, @UcheSecondus, on behalf of the PDP, PCO @WhiteHouse @UN @theresa_may 👇🏻 pic.twitter.com/haGXlMm8d5— Official PDP Nigeria (@OfficialPDPNig) March 5, 2019
According to the tweet, in areas like Lagos, Rivers, Nassarawa, Abia, Benue, Plateau, Ondo, Osun states, and some other states, results of duly conducted elections were illegally cancelled to reduce the margin of victory in favour of APC candidates.
Earlier today, Afrilens News reported that PDP leaders led a protest march on the outcome of the February 23rd Presidential election which brought the incumbent President Muhammadu Buhari of the APC as the victor in the polls keenly contested between the two major parties, which the candidate of the PDP, Alhaji Atiku Abubakar is yet to concede defeat and threatens legal action to “win the mandate of the people”.